Learn how to set up roles and permissions to allow different levels of access to the GC Portal.
Table of contents
View Company Roles and Permissions
Administrators of the company account are able to set up different roles to set user level of access within the GC Portal.
- Navigate to Permission on the side menu.
- This will open a form with some default roles and permissions we have defined for you.
You are free to rename and edit or delete the ones that don't apply for your company.
- The permissions are as follows:
- Manage Company - This allows the user to edit and manage the Company page settings.
- Manage Roles - This allows the user to edit and manage the company-level roles and permissions.
- Manage Users - This allows the user to add new users and remove/mark inactive other users.
- Manage Connections/Notifications - This provides access to the Notifications page where connections to subcontractors and projects are tracked and re-sent.
- Manage Templates - This allows the user to set and define billing and trade rate templates.
- Manage Owners - This allows the user to add new owners and remove/mark inactive other owners.
- Manage Subcontractors - This allows the user to add new subcontractors and invite them to use the application and remove/mark inactive other subcontractors.
- Manage Projects - This allows the user to add new projects and manage the settings within the projects and remove/mark inactive other projects.
- Create Work Item - This allows the user to create a new work item to share with one or more subcontractors to direct extra work in the field.
- Approve/Reject Authorization- When an Authorization request is received by your company from a subcontractor, certain users assigned to the project may have permissions to approve these requests and others not.
- Approve/Reject Work Item - When a Ticket is in the process from a subcontractor, certain users assigned to the project may have permission to approve these Tickets and Requests for change orders and others not.
For example, a PM may be allowed to create a work item, approve an Authorization, approve a Work Item and view Pricing.
Alternatively, a Field Supervisor may be able to create a work item to direct work at the field, but not approve a Request for Change Order or view the pricing information.
- View All - A user with this permission is able to see all Projects regardless of whether they are assigned to the projects. This is good for an executive account.
- Create as many roles as apply for your company and employee structure.
If you need help defining the roles and permissions, we are happy to advise on the best way to set these up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can schedule a training session to review.
Add a New Role
- Click on Add Role to add a new role.
- Add a name and description for the role, set the permissions, and click Save.
Edit a Role
- Click on the "..." beside the role you wish to edit and select Edit
- Make changes to the permissions and click Save.
Delete a Role
- Click on the "..." beside the role you wish to edit and select Delete
- A prompt will appear to confirm you wish to delete the role.
You will not be able to delete a role that users are assigned to. You will need to re-assign the users to another role and then delete the role.
Your roles are all set!
Now you can import all your users and assign them the roles you have defined in one easy step.