Learn how to add labor and material/equipment and rentals to your T&M Tickets.
Table of Contents
At any time you can edit the details of the T&M Ticket.
- Select your ticket by tapping anywhere on the ticket line in View List.
- Scroll down and tap on Edit Details.
- The Details consists of 4 sections:
- Ticket Details - This is information that displays on the ticket report.
- Labor - Track employees, labor hours, and days and weeks worked.
- Materials - Track materials, equipment, and rentals used.
- Signatures - When the work has been completed, the ticket can be previewed and then signed in person or sent for electronic signature.
- Fill in the information on the Ticket Details that relates to the work being performed.
- The fields are:
- Foreman - The foreman working on the ticket - this defaults to your login if you are created the ticket.
- GC Super - Select from the list of GC contacts who is the GC supervisor for the work.
- Payroll Weekending - Enter the payroll weekending date for the work (if the work spans multiple weekending periods this is typically set to the first week that work started).
- Task Code - If you wish to track the work under a specific task code, enter it here
- Supervisor hours - Mark yes/no to mark whether supervisor hours were used for this work.
- Laborer hours - This is auto-filled when labor is added to the ticket.
- Premium - Set to Yes if the work is premium time only.
- Parking - Set to Yes and enter a parking total if this was used for the ticket.
- Disposal - Set to Yes and select the load if this was used for the ticket.
- PM Authorization date - The date when the work was authorized if applicable.
- Ticket Number to follow - Fill in Yes/No as needed.
The fields are all optional, so only fill in what is appropriate for the work being performed.
- Tap on Apply Ticket Details to save any changes made.
- Tap on Next to move to the Labor entry.
The hours worked on the ticket can be entered at any time and can span multiple weeks. You can enter time each day and save your ticket and return to it at any time.
- Tap on the green "+" button on the upper right of the form to add a new labor entry.
- Tap Selected Employee to search for an employee in your list
- An employee search form will open. Tap on Search to display the entire list for viewing OR enter part of the name and tap Search to locate a specific employee.
- Tap on the employee name line to select the employee and return to the Add Labor form. The selected name shows up on the first two fields.
- If the employee name was not found in the search or your company has not loaded an employee list, simply tap on Enter Employee Name to enter the name of an employee.
- Tap on Select Trade to select from the drop-down of trades for this project.
- Tap on Select Class to select the class for the trade selected.
- Enter the Week Ending Date for the labor entries being logged. Tapping into this field opens a calendar to select the correct date.
- Fill in the hours worked for the employee by tapping the day of the week and the type of hours (REG, OVT, DBL) and entering the hours.
- Tap on Save to add the hours for this employee to the ticket.
If you have a group of employees and want to log all the hours on one line, simply type in the Employee Name, a description such as "Journeyman hours" and then enter the total hours for the group.
- The new hours will show up on the Labor Entry form.
- Repeat this process for other employees and trade/class combinations.
- The hours on one entry can be copied and then modified as needed. Click on the Copy Icon for the line you wish to copy.
The copy feature is very useful if you have multiple employees that worked the same hours on the ticket. Simply copy the line and then change the name/trade/class of the employee and save.
- To Edit a line, tap on the line (anywhere around the Employee, Trade, or Class).
- The record will be opened for Edit. Click on Update to save your changes.
You may keep a ticket open for as long as needed, and you may continue to add labor hours over several weeks by simply changing the week-ending date for all entries.
The material/equipment/rental items used on the ticket can be entered at any time and can span multiple weeks. You can enter items used each day, save your ticket and return to it at any time.
- Tap on the green "+" button on the upper right of the form to add a new material/equipment/rental entry.
- Tap Select Item to search for an item in your master list.
Items from the master list are tied into hidden pricing, whereas custom items are not.
It is recommended to use a master list because as the items are added, your ticket is automatically showing the costs as they occur.
- If choosing an item from the list, search for your item, then tap on the item to select.
- If the item name was not found in the search or your company has not loaded an item list, simply tap on Custom Item to enter the name of an item.
- Enter details of the item next.
- The details are as follows (R = Required, O= Optional):
- Quantity (R) - The quantity used is required.
- Feet (O) - Optional length for an item.
- Inches (O) - Optional length for an item.
- Fraction (O) - Optional length for an item.
- Unit Type - Description of the type of unit being used such as SF, Boxes, Hours, Gallons.
- Tap on Save to add the new item line to the Materials/Equipment/Rentals Section
You may keep a ticket open for as long as needed, and you may continue to add material/equipment/rentals over several weeks.
Continue to enter your work details until the work is completed!
Go to Sign a T&M Ticket when you are ready to have your GC sign for the work performed.
Alternatively, request an electronic signature from your GC at any time if they are not available on the job site. Go to Send Electronic Signature Request for detailed instructions on how to do this.