Add new or upload a list of your customers.
Table of Contents
Add a New CustomerA single customer can be added at any time.
- Navigate to Admin -> Customers
- Click on the New button
- Add the customer information and click Save
The contact name, email, and phone are used as the default GC contact on the project when the customer is selected for that project. It can be overridden at the project level.
Import a Customer List
To import a larger list of customers, the upload feature can be used.
- Click on the Download Template button.
- A CSV file will be downloaded that you can open in MS Excel that shows the required fields along with an example of a customer line.
- To edit the file, delete all the lines except line one with the headers.
- The fields are as follows: (R = Required, O is optional)
- Number (R) - The customer number (if you don't have one, consider using the first four letters or some abbreviation of their name up to 10 characters), this should be unique.
- Name (R) - The customer name.
- Address 1 (O) - The address line 1 for the customer
- Address 2 (O) - The address line 2 for the customer
- City (O)
- State (O)
- Zip (O)
- Contact Name (R) - This is the main customer contact and will be the default when a new project is created for this customer. It can be changed on the project if the customer contact for the project is different.
- Contact Email Address (R) - This is the main customer contact email address and will be the default when a new project is created for this customer. It can be changed on the project if the customer contact for the project is different.
- Contact Phone (R) - This is the main customer contact phone and will be the default when a new project is created for this customer. It can be changed on the project if the customer contact for the project is different.
If at any time you need help, we are happy to take your own list that you may have exported from your ERP and create a PeerAssist compatible customer list for you to upload. Please contact email@example.com and attach your list and we will take it from there.
- Save the customer import file as a CSV
- Click on Upload
- Browse to the customer CSV file you just saved, select it, and click Upload CSV
- There will be a green message that pops up if your customer list passes validation and it will be uploaded into the system.
If you receive a red validation issue, it is typically because there is a missing mandatory field in the file. If you need help please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy of your spreadsheet. We will be happy to review and let you know what to do.
Edit Your Customer List
- Click on Edit for the customer you wish to edit.
- Edit the information and click Save
- If you wish to make the customer inactive, mark them as inactive and then click Save. This will result in the customer no longer being available to select on new projects.
- Click Configure Customer Emails if you wish to set specific email preferences for your customer. Each email can be switched on/off for both the internal team and GC project team.
Email Preferences can be configured at the company level for ALL customers, but if a specific customer never wants to receive a certain email, Customer level Email Preferences would be the best place to set that.
If you have a project-specific email preference, that would be set at the project level.
Your customers are set up!
Well done - your customers have been set up.
Continue to Set up company material list.