T&M Tracking gives you the option to verify if work is out of scope work before putting it on a ticket. The foreman sends an Authorization Request to the office which the Project Manager or GC can approve for the foreman to proceed on T&M.
Table of contents
- Introduction to Authorization Requests
- Review an Authorization Request
- GC Approval of an Authorization Request
Introduction to Authorization Requests
If a GC directs a subcontractor to perform extra work, the foreman can submit an Authorization Request for the project management team to review and determine if it is out of scope. If the team needs approval from the GC, the request can be forwarded to the GC for approval. If the request is approved, the foreman can proceed with tracking the T&M on a ticket.
This workflow enhances communication and saves time for the field and office, and helps mitigate payment issues down the road because it is documented that the work was authorized.
Review an Authorization
- The Authorizations can be reviewed at any time from the T&M dashboard.
The steps for the Authorization workflow are:
Entry - This is the status when an Authorization request has been sent from the foreman to the office.
GC requested - when a request is forwarded to the GC it moves into this step
Approved - when a request is approved, it moves into this step AND the Authorization becomes a Ticket in the Entry step.
Rejected - An Authorization that is rejected shows in this step.
- Canceled - An Authorization that has been approved can be canceled at any time.
- Click on the green status button to view the details of the request.
- The information can be edited if something needs to be changed.
- The Authorization can be rejected at any time, clicking on the Reject button.
- For example, if the work is in the scope of the contract, or if the PM has already priced the extra work and it doesn't need to be tracked on T&M they can reject the authorization request.
- In the Entry step, the other options are to Approve OR Forward to the GC for approval.
- In the GC Requested step, the other option is to Approve the Authorization Request.
GC Approval of an Authorization Request
- If the PM elects to forward the request to the GC, they can Approve or Reject the request in the email that is sent.
- When the GC clicks on Approve, a form will display and they can fill in their name, an approval note, and click Confirm
- If the GC approves the request, the Authorization will be converted to a Ticket and the backup of the approval will be attached to the Ticket along with all the information entered on the Authorization. The Authorization will move into the approved status.