Upload a master material list to easily add materials to tickets, forms, Field Material Requests and POs. Include the material cost and/or price, and it will transfer to your T&M pricing and purchase orders.
The setup of a master material list is optional but recommended. This will be the default material list for all projects, but can be modified at the project-level as well. Learn about uploading a project-specific material list here.
Table of Contents
- Import a Material List
- Add Materials Individually
- Edit Materials
- Export Materials
- Define Custom PO Fields
- Edit Group Names
Import a Material List
The easiest way to create a material list is to download our template, populate it with your items and then upload it.
- Navigate to Admin > Materials and click on Download Template from the Menu icon
- Open the Excel file that downloads
- Add your material info, leave the headers and delete the Example/Instructions lines
- The fields are as follows: (R = Required, O is optional)
Group 2 (R) - A secondary level grouping of material such as Type X
Group 3 (R) - A third-level grouping of materials such as 5/8" If you do not need three levels of subgroups (Metal/Studs/20ga) you can repeat the group name (Insulation/Insulation/Insulation) or (Paint/Primer/Primer)
Item Description (R)
- Save the material list as an Excel file and Upload through the Menu icon
If you need assistance with importing your material list please contact Support
Add New Materials Individually
If you have a master material list in place but need to add additional items individually, go to Admin > Materials > + New Material and a popup window will open for you to fill out the item details.
You can also Edit or Delete items on the material list by choosing Admin > Materials > Edit
- Review and edit the fields and click Save
- Click on Export
- User the Search box if desired to narrow your list results before you export.
A useful function of the export is to export your entire list, update the prices and then re-import. Be sure to save it as an Excel file after you have made your edits to the list.
Define Custom PO Fields
- From the Menu icon, select Edit Custom PO Fields
- Name the fields as desired and Save
- Once the fields are defined, you can populate the item detail on the template, or edit the items individually:
- They will display on the PO as well as on the Material dashboard
Editing/Deleting Group Names
To edit or delete existing group names:
- Start in Admin > Material and click + New Material
- Use the Cog wheel or red X next to each group name as needed
- Save changes (without adding a new item) and all items in the group will update accordingly
Your materials are all set!
Now you can maximize efficiency by having all your project teams select the correct materials and the pricing will load automatically into your tickets.