PeerAssist gives you the ability to upload a vendor material list with pricing to ensure accuracy and cost savings when creating Purchase Orders.
Table of Contents
When you are first importing a vendor's material list, you will want to send them our template which you can download (and upload again) within the vendor's profile.
To update their pricing periodically, you can export the current list for the vendor to revise to be imported again.
Import a Vendor-Specific Material List
- Start in Admin > Vendors and Edit the vendor's profile
- Select the Vendor Material button and Download Template
- Open the .csv download
- Either you or the vendor can format their list per the template
- When finished, delete all the lines except the headers and vendor's data
- The fields are as follows: (R = Required, O is optional)
Group1 (R) - The Group1 Name (category)
Group2 (R) - The Group2 Name (category)
Group3 (R) - The Group3 Name (category)
Item Code (R) - The material item number from your master material file
Item Description (R) - The item description from your master material file
Pricing Unit (R) - Must be set to "E", "M" or "C"
Quantity Unit (R) - The UOM for ordering. Must be set to EA, LF, SF, or SY)
Unit Type (R) - How the Item is measured. The valid options are: Bags, Boxes, Bundles, Cartons, Case, Days, Each, Gallon, HRs, Kit, LF, Pack, Pails, Piece, Pieces, Pound, Rolls, Sausage, SF, Sheets, Studs, SY, Ton, Tubes, Yard
Factor (R) - Most commonly set to 1
Manufacturer (O) - The manufacturer name
Price (R) - The price based on the Pricing unit in column G
Cost Code (O) - The job cost cost code default from within your Job Cost system
- Save as a .csv file and upload in the vendor's profile
If you need assistance importing the vendor material list please contact Support
Updating Vendor-Specific Materials and Pricing
You can request updated pricing from the vendor as needed by exporting the current list and re-importing the new version.
- Start in Admin > Vendors and Edit the vendor you are requesting updated pricing from
- Open the Vendor Material list.
- Select Export to generate a spreadsheet containing the current list & pricing.
- You will be prompted with the option to send the list directly to the vendor.
- You can change/add recipients and customize the message as needed.
- The vendor will receive your request with their current materials and pricing in an attached.csv file.
- The vendor will only be able to update the pricing column
Reminder - all other fields are locked on the spreadsheet to ensure that the data will transfer when you go to import them back into the Vendor import.
- Go to Admin>Vendor and Edit the appropriate vendor
- Select Vendor Material and Import the updated list
You can export the current list and re-import the updated pricing at any time to keep your vendor's pricing current for PO Processing.