Setup and upload your company material list. If you do not have one, don't worry, you can come back at any time and add one.
The setup of a company material list is optional but recommended. If you set up a company-level material master list and have default prices, items from the list can be imported into the projects and the project-specific prices set there.
Table of Contents
Import a Material List
The easiest way to create a material list is to download our template and populate it with your materials and then upload it.
- Navigate to Admin -> Materials
- Click on Download Template
- A CSV file will be downloaded that you can open in MS Excel that shows the required fields along with an example of a material line.
- To edit the file, delete all the lines except line one with the headers.
- The fields are as follows: (R = Required, O is optional)
- Group 1 (R) - A high-level grouping of material such as Drywall
- Group 2 (R) - A secondary level grouping of material such as Track
- Group 3 (R) - A third-level grouping of materials such as Slotted Track (if you do not have a third level, use the Item Description in this column as well as Item Description).
- Item Code (R) - A unique code for your item - this can simply be a number if you do not have reference numbers for your items, but be sure to make it unique and do not re-use it for a different item.
- Pricing Unit (R) - Valid values are (M/C/E/P). This indicates the pricing unit m = per 1000, c = per 100, e = each and p = . This is used when the pricing is calculated in our system.
- Quantity Unit (R) - This is informational only (EA, SF, SF, SY)
- Unit Type (R) - This is informational and shows on the material sections in the reports and tickets.
- Factor (R) - This is used in the calculations and is typically used for when an item is priced each (like screws in a box, the price may be per item but comes in a box so the factor would be 100 if you were pricing per screw and factor =1 if pricing by the box).
- Manufacturer (O) - Informational only.
- Price (R) - If you do not have a price, enter 0.
- Cost Code (O) - if you want to track your materials by cost code, enter this field.
If at any time you need help, we are happy to take your own list that you may have exported from your ERP and create a PeerAssist compatible material list for you to upload. Please contact email@example.com and attach your list and we will take it from there.
- Save the material list as a CSV.
- Click on Upload
- Browse to the material CSV file you just saved, select it, and click Upload CSV
- There will be a green message that pops up if your material list passes validation and it will be uploaded into the system.
If you receive a red validation issue, it is typically because there is a missing mandatory field in the file. If you need help please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy of your spreadsheet. We will be happy to review and let you know what to do.
- Click on Edit for the item you wish to edit.
- Review and edit the fields and click Save.
- Click on Export
- Optionally enter a search word in the Search box to narrow your list results before you export.
- The file will be downloaded as an MS Excel file.
A useful function of the export is to export your entire list, update the prices and then re-import. Be sure to save it as a CSV file after you have made your edits to the list.
Your materials are all set!
Now you can maximize efficiency by having all your project teams select the correct materials and the pricing will load automatically into your tickets.
Way to go!